Admission to Textile Design is a competitive selection process open to all applicants who have a sound knowledge of the French language and meet the following level criteria:
- Hold a Bac (Baccalaureate)
- Hold a Bac and a qualification gained on completion of 2 years in a French or foreign further education institution (DMA, BTS, DNAT, etc.)
- Hold a Bac and a qualification gained on completion of 3 or more years in a French or foreign further education institution (Fine Art degree, DNAP, DNSAP, DNSEP or DSAA)
- Those with least four years' professional practice in textile design, regardless of their previous education
Pre-registration is required in all cases, and begins on 1 January 2020.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 20 February 2020 (date as per postmark).
Applicants should pre-register online via the ENSCI website. The closing date for applications is Thursday 20 February 2020 (date as per postmark). Every part of the application must be submitted to us by post.
Those applying for the competitive selection process will be expected to have...
- a good knowledge of the French language
- the ability to express themselves creatively
- a well-argued and well-presented motivation for inclusion
- a keen sense of observation and analytical skills
- an aptitude for clear thinking and the ability to summarise
- good interpersonal skills
For more information about how to apply (personal portfolio, letter of motivation, submitting the application package, etc.), candidates are encouraged to read the Guide for Applicants and the Competitive Selection Process FAQs.
The length of ENSCI-Les Ateliers study programmes varies depending on the entry category:
- Category I
(Bac - all streams)
5-year study programme
- Category II
(Bac +2 years of further education: DMA, DUT or BTS)
4-year study period
- Category III
(Bac +3 or more years of further education: Bachelor's degree, etc.)
3-year study period
- Category IV (at least 4 years in professional practice)
Minimum of a 3-year study period
Depending on the previous education of successful applicants, the selection panel may need to extend the study period, particularly for Category III and IV applicants.
The Textile Design qualification awarded by ENSCI-Les Ateliers is a Master's degree.
The competitive selection process takes place in the spring of each year. The academic year begins in September.
There are two parts to the competitive selection process:
ELIGIBILITY (March to April)
Eligibility is assessed on the basis of the application package submitted by the applicant. The results of the eligibility assessment will be published on the website on 27 April 2020
ADMISSION (May to June)
Decisions on admission are taken at the end of a full day of personal and group tests including a piece of written work, a group observation exercise, an industrial product analysis, the design of a three-dimensional volume based on a subject drawn at random, and two interviews with members of the assessment panel.
The results of the admission assessment will be published on 3 July 2020
Number of places available under the 2019 competitive selection process: 10
For those taking the Baccalaureate, the outcome of the competitive selection process will be confirmed only after the results of the Baccalaureate examination have been published.
A waiting list of three places will be published on the website, together with the list of those successful in the admission process.
Applicants may apply for only one course of study per competitive selection period.
No candidate may enter the competitive selection process more than three times.
For more information, please e-mail the Textile Design Department at designtextile(at)ensci.com
- Scholarship applicants are exempt from the registration fee